The Lafayette City-Parish Consolidated Government’s (LCG) Ramp Program is funded by the U. S. Department of Housing and Urban Development’s (HUD) Community Development Block Grant (CDBG). This program is managed by the LCG, Community Development Department (CDD).
The program’s objective is to assist homeowners in accessibility to their single-family, owner-occupied houses. Handicap accessibility is necessary in order to improve the quality of life for many individuals.
To be eligible for assistance, a house must be structurally sound as determined by a housing code inspection.
Program qualification requirements are:
- Applicant must reside in the home at the time they apply;
- Applicant must own the property needing a ramp and have lived there for at least 3 years; and
- Applicant must meet the following HUD income guidelines
| *annually subject to change|
The Installation Process
The installation process takes approximately three to five days. The CD Program Specialist will assist program participants during the installation process should any problems occur.
Summary of the housing rehabilitation process:
- Application: Call 291-7357, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Inspection of your home
- Cost estimate/work write-up
- Contract signing
- Ramp installation begins
- Follow-up inspection of home
Ramp Pre-Application Form