- Bienvenue à Lafayette! Recognized for so many different accolades, we are a community that embraces technology, boasts a strong university, is known for its love of sports, and celebrates the arts and culture. With an estimated population of more than 225,000, centrally-located Lafayette Parish (county) serves as an economic center of Louisiana. The region's legendary joie de vivre is known around the globe, creating a unique environment for work and play. But Lafayette is also home to a world-class workforce, an integrated transportation network, a diversified business base, preeminent high-tech infrastructure, and a metropolitan appeal. We hope you take time to explore and experience the many amenities our community has to offer. If you are considering relocating, we have no doubt that you would love to call Lafayette Parish home! For more information on Lafayette Parish visit www.lafayette.org
Lafayette Parish is made up of six municipalities:
Broussard - Where southern hospitality and charm meet rapid economic development and cutting edge technology. On the horizon, a $60 million, 340,000-square-foot retail center on busy U.S. 90, called Acadian Crossing, will be a prime location, attracting shoppers from St. Mary Parish to Lafayette. The developers expect the center to be fully occupied in a few years.
Carencro – Brings a community-oriented quality of life, along with a progressive approach to business. Located near the crossroads of I-10 and I-49, Carencro is perfectly situated for economic development interests, as well as families seeking a community to call home.
- The village of Duson was incorporated on December 16, 1909. Originally known as “Duson Station,” the town was designed by the Louisiana Western Railroad and named after the land developer Curley Duson. Duson is unique because its footprint is in both Lafayette and Acadia Parishes.
– The center of Cajun and Creole heritage, you will find southern hospitality at its best right here. In fact, Lafayette was named the Happiest City in the U.S.! One bite of our delicious local cuisine you will understand why we are so happy. In the last few of years, Southern Living magazine and Rand McNally/USA Today awarded us their “Best Food” titles. We are also happy to have one of the top three fastest internet service providers in the U.S., thanks to our locally-owned LUS Fiber Gig connection.
– Hailed as the “Boudin Capital of the World,” Scott is where the West begins and hospitality never ends. A progressive city that maintains a great quality of life for citizens, Scott also offers quality businesses that enhance the community. The fun loving spirit of Scott in addition to the blended cultures regularly attracts visitors and new residents.
- Life truly is sweeter in the City of Youngsville. Sugar Cane farming has been a way of life for many years in this quaint city. Even though Youngsville has grown at a rapid pace, the strong cultural heritage remains true to this day.